Tuesday 4 February 2014

Hobart - Arrival and short city walk

Cheers mates,

After Australia Day I flew out from Melbourne Tullamarine Airport at 8am to Hobart in Tasmania. The flight only took one hour but the airport shuttle bus which I took to my hostel (The Pickled Frog, what a name…) stopped at so many other hotels and hostels, I did not get to my hostel until 11am. It was still too early to check in, so I made use of the washing machines and dryers and the FREE Wifi to update my blog. At 3pm I got my stuff up into my room and met some really nice girls. Then I had a nap and when I got up two Dutch girls entered the room and it turned out they were going to be on the same tour as me. Nice!
So at 5pm I set out to explore Hobart despite some people warning me that there is actually not that much to see. I worked out a route on the Hobart map I had which sounded interesting with the harbor, the Town Hall and a cathedrale on its way. Well, everyone was right. Nothing much too see and in less than one hour I have surrounded the whole city center. I only took a picture of the Town Hall to proof that I was there.





Back in the hostel I got my luggage and myself ready for another early start into the day (I am absolutely not a morning person, especially on holidays…) as we should be picked up at 7am. I have decided on a 6-day-tour through Lost in Australia, operated by Under Downunder (which is a perfect name for a tour operator in Tasmania, think about it). So my next stop on this island: Strahan!
Good night everyone.
Yours Hobart-exploring Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!