Friday 21 February 2014

Adelaide - Organising a trip and chocolate-tasting

G'Day everyone,

Today I slept in to get rid of all the alcohol from the wine-tasting the day before. After breakfast I went to the Visitor Information Center in the city center to get some more information about Kangaroo Island. The thing is that guided tours are quite expensive. It costs about 200 AUD or more per day! I spoke to many other backpackers in Melbourne who organized the trip themselves and saved lots of money. So I am about to do the same thing. Only I need some people to share the costs with. So at 12pm I met Jan (German, 19 years old) and Sébastien (French, 25 years old) to discuss the trip and we all agreed that we want to see the same things and as we seem to get along with each other we walked to the Wicked Camper site and got a good quote for a mini camper for 5 days to rent from Monday on as on the weekend everything is booked out.

It was 1:30pm by then and I had to leave them both but I will meet up in the evening again to discuss the details and to get to know them both a bit better. Not completely sure at the moment if this is really the best idea but hey, this is a backpacker-style holiday. So let’s try it!

Anyway, at 2pm I made it in time to the Haigh’s Chocolate Factory of Adelaide for a free chocolate tasting and tour to the factory! YEAH! It is not allowed to take pictures inside the factory (which is really small anyway) but you can take pictures in the little shop.










This is nice chocolate but of course also a bit expensive. You cannot buy Haigh’s Chocolate everywhere but only in their shops. There are only a hand full of shops in Australia. So I bought some second-choice coated chocolate drops and a Gourmet Cookie.



Well, this was it for the day probably. I will go a bit of shopping now and later I meet Jan and Sébastien. My next stop for tomorrow: not sure… So be surprised!

Yours trip-organising-and-chocolate-tasting Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!