Saturday 22 February 2014

Adelaide - Fringe Festival at night

Servus world,
After the chocolate-tasting at the Haigh's Chocolate Factory I spent the rest of the afternoon in the hostel. Eva, a 21 year old German arrived in my dorm. She just arrived in Australia and was really exhausted from the travel. I took her with me so she wouldn't feel asleep too soon. I met again with Jan and Sébastien and also a South Korean girl that I got to know two days ago joined in the common room of the hostel. Then we also spoke to a Britsh guy called Craig and together over a beer we decided to go to the Waymouth Street party. There was this street performer who balanced on two volunteers and juggled three hammers while a boy measured the noise of the audience. It was really funny.






At 10pm this street party already ended so we headed East to the Garden of Unearthly Delights and had some more beer there while we wandered around and looked at the little tents and displays.







Then Craig convinced Sébastien to go on the Kamikaze. Craig absolutely enjoyed it while Sébastien seemed a bit afraid but he told us afterwards that it was really fun.



Craig was full of energy and went to hit the hammer on this pole and made it to the 600 mark out of 900. Not bad but he did not win any prize.



We walked around a bit more but by midnight we decided to head back to the hostel. There Craig met a couple he got to know a few hours earlier and headed back into the Adelaide nightlife with them while the rest of us got to bed. Good night everyone.
Yours nightlife-experiencing Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!