Thursday 6 February 2014

Melbourne - Docklands Dragon at daylight and at night



Howdy partners,

Melbourne is getting into yet another heat wave and without air-conditioning in our rooms it is a bit hard to sleep. So I got up earlier than intended, skyped with Markus and applied to some more jobs. After an hour I had enough of it and spent the rest of the morning looking up some information about Adelaide and Kangaroo Island. I am pretty sure now that I will fly there in two weeks.

Laura and I had lunch together and after an afternoon nap we both set out into the incredible heat at 5:30pm to drive to the Docklands to have a look at this 100 m long and 10 meter high dragon.

 

 

It was set up for Chinese New Year on the 31st of January 2014. I read on the internet about some Chinese music and dance being set up every evening but there was nothing around. So we walked back into the city to have a nice last meal together as it is Laura’s last evening in Melbourne. She will go on a tour tomorrow to Adelaide and from there further through the outback to Alice Springs. After that she wants to fly to Sydney and then travel up the East Coast. Hopefully we will stay in contact.

In the evening I walked back to the Docklands Dragon to take some more pictures of it being illuminated. It looks really impressive and even the cars stopped and people took quick pictures of it. For 12 AUD you can go on a platform and have a picture taken with you and the head of the dragon. Well, I did not do that.

 


 

Yours dragon-photographer Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!