Saturday 22 February 2014

Adelaide - State library and tomato festival

Cheers mates,
On Saturday morning I met Lillian and Craig (who got back to the hostel at 4am and slept in so he checked out late) who went off to the airport. So again I had to say Good-Bye to some new friends but maybe I will see Craig In Melbourne again.
Eva and I went to the State Library and had a look at the old building where we also went upstairs and had a closer look at the old books. It looked truly amazing in there.










Then we walked along the North Terrace past the university. As it was orientation week there has been a selfie spot in front of the university. So we took a selfie :-)


Then we made our way to the Botanical Garden and walked around and saw many beautiful flower beds and herbs and lakes with ducks, fishes and turtles in them.





As the Tomato Festival (yes, a festival about tomatoes...) was on we also went to a FREE tasting of different tomatoes. 








We spent about three hours in the Botanical Garden and talked a lot. We had lunch together and than I changed to another hostel (the Adelaide Motel and Backpackers) which I do not really like. But only two nights there before I am off to Kangaroo Island.
Yours botanical-garden-visiting Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!