Tuesday 4 February 2014

Tasmania - Cradle Mountain, lake, wild animals, murals and cheese



Hey ladies and gentlemen, girls and boys,
Getting up early gets harder and harder and I was a bit late with my breakfast but nevertheless we left almost on time at 7:08am for an 1.5-hour drive to Tullah Lakeside to grab a sandwich for lunch.


Another 1.5-hour drive later we arrived at Cradle Mountain where we could choose from several short and easy to long and hard walks in the area.
While we drove up to Lake Dove we saw a wild Wombat next to the road (so cute!) but I did not have my camera ready in time (damn it!). I decided to join two Swiss girls and a French girl around Lake Dove. As we started we came past this Tiger Snake. AHHH!


Then we went on the circuit walk around the lake with great views from all sides. It took us 2 hours and 15 minutes. We saw some black small lizards and lots of birds as well.
















As we only had three hours in total we headed back down to the Visitor Information Center with the Shuttle Bus and waited for the bus to arrive as the tour guide Renate did one of the harder walks. At 2pm we left Cradle Mountain (while we saw an Echidna crossing the road, so cute!) towards Sheffield for some shopping and admiring all this pictures on the houses, called Murals.




After another hour of drive we visited a cheese company for some tasting. Some of them were really, really nice but I did not buy any as I already had plans to cook with the Dutch girls.





At about 5:30pm we finally arrived at our next hostel the Launceston Backpackers where we had to say Goodbye to some of the passengers as they ended their tour here. That was a bit sad as after a few days that you have spent together and talked and also slept in the same room you have found some new friends. After dinner and a shower I am absolutely nagged / exhausted / destroyed. Honestly, it is just 9pm and I feel like I am going to fall asleep straight away. Our next stop for the next day: somewhere along the east coast of Tasmania!
Yours Tasmania-animals-watching-and-lake-surrounding Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!