Tuesday 18 February 2014

Melbourne - Mexican food with friends - Picnic and comedy



Moin Moin to all my readers,

As I woke up this Sunday the 16th of February 2014 it was absolutely pouring down outside. I would have liked to just stay in bed but I had to get to a supermarket to get some ingredients for my bean salsa. Elina and Karlis have invited their friends to a Mexican theme picnic in the Botanical Garden. I arrived at about 12:30pm to a blue sky like it has never rained. During the afternoon more and more friends of Elina and Karlis arrived, many with babies and little children and everyone with lots of food. We had lots of Salsa, Guacamole, different salads, lots of vegetables, chicken, tortilla and fruits as dessert. I spoke to many people about traveling in Australia, how difficult it is to find a job in Melbourne and the differences and similarities between Australia and other countries like Germany, Switzerland and the UK. It was very interesting to speak to all of them and see the children play. The time passed by so quickly and luckily it stayed dry and warm the rest of the day. At 8pm I finally had to say Good-Bye to everyone. I did not take any pictures as it was just nice speaking to everyone. I really enjoyed this.

On Monday I slept in. After lunch I headed to Federations Square for the FREE Wifi which did not work properly. It took sometimes several minutes to load an E-Mail and when I wanted to respond the connected brokedown. Annoying as hell! Then I went grocery shopping and headed to Carly for an Enchilada dinner together with her friend Gemma. Mexican food again. I love this! At 7:30pm we headed to the Comic’s Lounge as we had FREE vouchers and this time we enjoyed a really good evening with lots of jokes and live stand up comedy. Time flew by and at 11pm I said Good-Bye to both of them and walked back to the hostel to pack my suitcase. My next stop: Adelaide!

Yours Mexican-food-eating-with-friends-and-comedy-enjoying Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!