Wednesday 19 February 2014

Adelaide - Sightseeing, Art Gallery and Museum

Hi there everyone,

On Tuesday I got on my way further West in Australia to the capital of South Australia: Adelaide! I took the plane as it was the cheapest for me and I way prefer flying over getting the train or even a bus (it takes 10 hours!!!).

Anyway, I checked into the Backpack Oz at 5pm (Adelaide is half an hour behind Melbourne) and did nothing spectacular that evening.

Today I ventured out to the North of the city as this is where all the main attractions seem to be located. I started at the Adelaide Arcade which reminds me of the Block Arcade in Melbourne.








Through the arcade I got onto the Rundall Mall where I walked towards the East. I came across the Scots Church and some really old mansion (forgot the name, sorry) and to the Garden of Unearthly Delights.






Further North is the Botanical Garden but I save that for another day. This is located on North Terrace. Along this street you will find the University of Adelaide and the Art Gallery of South Australia where I joined a FREE guided tour at 2pm.










The tour lasted for one hour and I got so much information about various things. As I walked towards the South Australian Museum it poured down. The museum itself is okay, lots of different exhibitions. Here some impressions.







Back on North Terrace I walked past the War Memorial, the State Library (I save that for later as well), the Parliament and Trinity Church. Then I turned into Hindley Street where lots of shops but also restaurants and cafes are located.









On Rundall Street I found some pigs, like in Bremen in the Sögestrasse! But these ones are a bit different.




At 5pm I was tired of walking and got back to the hostel for some FREE dinner. YEAH! But I needed to go to bed early as I have a full day out in the countryside tomorrow. My next stop: Barossa Valley for some wine tasting!

Yours Adelaide-sightseeing Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!