Tuesday 11 February 2014

Melbourne - Federation Square and National Gallery of Victoria

Greetings especially to my art-loving friends out there,

Today was supposed to be my shopping day to treat myself and get over the wasted time I have invested in looking for a job that I have no certificate for. But as I had to go to the Visitor Information Center on Federation Square to ask a few things I decided I could as well have a walk around the square. The square shall symbolize the red and grey colors of the outback (or something like that).







At one end you will find the NGV Australia (National Gallery of Victoria, The Ian Potter Center). As the entry is FREE and I wanted to go in there for quite a while I took the chance and went in. To be honest with you, I am not a huge arts fan and I have spent nearly two hours in this building trying to figure out the meaning of some of the “pieces” and “installations”, some consisted basically of clothes and shoes randomly spread over the floor (I mean: HONESTLY???).










This NGV is dedicated to local arts. There is a second NGV, the international one that I want to see as well. Hopefully it is a bit more understandable for me.



Yeah, there wasn't much to say about the evening. Just a lot of thinking and researching on the internet what to do next...

Yours Melbournian-arts-exploring Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!