Thursday 24 April 2014

Perth - Sleeping and Australian movies

Heyho everybody,
On Saturday and Sunday (Easter Sunday) after the Southwest Tour I didn't do much except for sleeping a lot. I really needed two days to recover. Apart from sleeping I also watched some Australian movies. A few weeks ago I watched "The Japanese Story" together with Cécile and Sébastien (my host parents). It plays kind of in our time and a Japanese guy whose father is in a Joint Venture with an Australian mining company comes over to Australia and wants to be driven around. You see a bit of the mining industry, lots of landscape in the Pilbara, get an insight into the Japanese culture and a weird affair spans until a tragedy happens at a billabong and the whole story turns around. Not sure if I liked the movie, a bit too strange.





On Saturday I watched "The rabbit-proof fence" as I have just seen a part of the original fence a few days ago. This plays in the late 19th century about three Aborigine half-cast who have been taken away from their mothers and placed in a camp in the very South. They make a dare escape and have to face all sorts of challenges to make it back home, over 1,500 miles away. I really liked this movie especially as it is based on a true story.


On Sunday evening I watched "Australia" with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman again. I have seen this movie in a cinema in South Germany when it came out years ago. I saw it together with Markus. It kind of starts a bit funny but throughout the movie it all grows more serious about living in the Outback, about half-cast Aborginies and the war. And of course a love story.


I hope to get to see some more Australian movies although I am not into horror and slaughter and things like this. Therefore I will definitely not watch "Wolfcreek". Do you have any recommendations? Than let me know in the comment below.
Yours sleeping-and-Australian-movie-watching Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!