Thursday 24 April 2014

Jarrahdale, Bedforddale - Serpentine Dam and Churchmen Brook Dam

Hi there,
After all the sleeping I finally felt fit to sat out into Western Australia again. On Easter Monday I decided to drive to the Serpentine National Park near Jarrahdale to have a look at the "most touristic dam: Serpentine Dam". After a 40-minute drive I arrived here...










Not really spectacular... And this is also the biggest of all the dams around... I sat down to eat lunch that I brought with me while I watched other tourists take lots of pictures and having fun in doing so. Then I walked over the dam to see if some walking trails into the National Parks start from that side.



I had no luck. There was just another carpark and a small picnic area. So I walked back to the car and drove to the Armadale Visitor Center where I got told to either visit the Araluen Botanic Park (which is much smaller than King's Park, there is a entry fee and at the moment there is no flower display) or to drive to Churchmen Brook Dam as the local attractions. OK... I drove to Chruchmen Brook Dam.











At 3pm I drove back to Manning and decided that this was by far the most boring daytrip I have done so far in Australia. So not worth the trip... I hope the next days will be better. My next stop: Northam!
Yours dam-visiting Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!