Monday 7 April 2014

Mandurah - Water, War Memorial and Walking



Welcome ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls,

After my visit to Penguin Island in the morning I set off to Mandurah which is another 30 km South of Rockingham, so in total about 80 km South of Perth. This town is famous for its cruises: dolphin / lunch / dinner / twilight / torchlight / wedding / party cruises. Everything is available. As I have already seen dolphins in Adelaide (that was the day when my camera broke down, so you cannot see any pictures in this blog entry, sorry! ) I decided against a dolphin cruise and went around the marina shore for a walk towards the park of Mandurah.





Can you guess what this is? I couldn’t believe it until I read the very faint inscription on the stones that it is a War Memorial.



Then I walked across the boardwalk on the so-called Venetian Canal Walk. And really, it reminds a little bit of Venice with the little water ways and the boats. But it is way too modern of course.


I arrived at the Dolphin Quay and walked through the stalls but there wasn’t anything special and as it was already 4:30pm the shops were about to close anyway.



After this big walk around the city and because of the walking on Penguin Island in the morning I decided to head back to Manning. It took me an hour to get there because it was very busy on the Freeway. Oh, here is the car by the way. A very old SAAB 900 S (I think…).

 

As I arrived back at the house I just could think of one more thing to make this day perfect: a ice-cold beer! :-)

That was the refreshing end of a big day out in WA. The next stop will be even bigger one: Rottnest Island!

Yours Mandurah-surrounding Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!