Saturday 12 April 2014

Perth - Exploring King's Park

Hello world,
On Saturday afternoon my host family drove in their newly accquired Holden Jackaroo (a 4-wheel-drive 7-seater) to King's Park for a Easter egg hunt for children organised by the French community.






This is the Synergy Parkland of King's Park where the egg hunt would take place. As they would all speak French (so I wouldn't understand a lot) I went for a walk. First I had a look around the Synergy Parkland. Not exactly sure where the synergies are... But it is certainly nice made.









Then I walked the 1.5km uphill through the broadwalk to the DNA Tower.





Well, the design of this tower looks like a DNA string. The tower is 15m high and there are 101 steps to get up to have a great view around.











King's Park is the largest city park in the world and most of it is left to the Australian native bushland. I walked through a small part of it to get to the Botanic Garden.





There I walked past the Tree Top Walk and decided to have a look myself. To be honest: it is nice but not as spectacular as you might expect it to be.





Then I followed the Law Walk and saw some nice plants before I returned towards the DNA tower.





On the broadwalk I heard and saw lots of birds and I spent nearly an hour walking around, listening very hard and taking pictures of the fast moving birds.













At 5:45pm I met my host family again and the kids were so dirty from playing in the playground and searching for eggs in the bush.
It is 8pm now and I will shortly get to bed as I have to get up really early tomorrow (oh, you might not know but I am not a morning person...) for my next adventure: a 6-day-camping-tour to the Southwest of Australia!
Yours park-bushland-walker-and-bird-photographer Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!