Monday 3 March 2014

Adelaide - Free concert for Adelaide Festival



Hello world,

On Friday morning when I thought that my back would kill me we drove off from the camping ground at 9:15am to be too early at the ferry terminal in Penneshaw. We waited for the 10:30am ferry, boarded and were told to expect some rough sea and better sit in the back of the ferry. Luckily we really moved to the back of the ferry as it was going up and down a lot and I actually felt a bit sea-sick. Nevertheless we did the cost calculation and it turned out to be cheaper than I thought. Including the car, fuel, ferry food, camping ground fees and entry fees we paid not even 450 AUD each for five days. A lot cheaper than going with the tour for two days. Back on the mainland we drove the direct way to Adelaide but stopped at another beach for lunch (I forgot the name, sorry).

After a quick car wash we arrived back at the WickedCamper depot at 3pm, unpacked the car, found lots of rubbish everywhere and then walked together to the city where we said Good-Bye to each other. I checked in to the Our House Backpackers hostel where I immediately made friends with some other girls and met Eva again who stays in the same room!

In the evening I met Jan for a last beer as he will go on a road trip with two other girls to Perth the next day. Sébastien couldn’t make it. After that I went back to the hostel expecting a quiet night but instead I joined Pauline and Ariane for a FREE concert at the Festival Center with a small firework at the end.

 





 Well, five days on Kangaroo Island and I have to say: this is after the Whitsunday Islands now my second favorite place in Australia! You have to see it yourself but take some time not only one or two days. Good night everyone!

Yours concert-viewing-and-new-friends-making Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!