Monday 3 March 2014

Adelaide - Beach, cleaning and concert after Clipsal 500 race



Cheerio friends,

It is VERY busy in Adelaide. The Fringe Festival (artist and fun etc), the Adelaide Festival (music) and the Clipsal 500 (V8 racing) are in town. I only got into a 10-bed-female dorm but at least it is very central. And I get to know many people in a very short time.

Together with Eva, Sébastien, Teresa, Pauline and Holly we got by tram to Glenelg where the beach of Adelaide is situated. We had a very relaxed day there and I got myself some Fish & Chips for dinner. At 7pm we were all back in the hostel. I then got out again to meet James. I got to know him on the Tasmania Tour and as I knew that he is a racing fan I contacted him to meet up in Adelaide. He came straight from the race track and told me all the stories that happened around the garages and the race itself. We had a beer in the Elephant, a British pub with proper pint sizes. As he was very tired and the next day would be full of racing again from 9am until 5pm we left it at one beer.

On Sunday morning I got up very early to attend a cleaning job. Claudia is a casual cleaning assistance and her boss required one more person for a specific house clean. As I am available I said “Yes, I help you”. We got to Greenhill Road by tram and waited for Lucie the company owner. She drove us to the house where we needed to do some cleaning. It was quite hard work as everything was quiet dirty. And we had to be quick as well as Lucie had some other things to do in the afternoon. After 3.5 hours of scrubbing and washing Claudia and I received 50 AUD each and Lucie drove us back into the city. After a shower I deserved a decent lunch!

I had a look on the internet for fruit picking jobs around Adelaide and Melbourne. I think I have to go for backpacker jobs as I had absolutely no replies to my other applications forengineer/assistant/reception jobs. Quite frustrating really but hopefully I find something soon as the peak season for grapes and strawberries and other fruits have started. I will keep you updated. Or do you have any other tipps for me?

In the evening one of the hostel employees asked me to join him for the concert after the Clipsal 500 race. And I saw Keith Urban! (The husband of Nicole Kidman.) And he has put on a pretty amazing show.

 



I really enjoyed the show and two beers with Richard on this concert. It took my mind of a few things for a while. Let's see what happens next...

Yours beach-relaxing-and-cleaning Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!