Sunday 19 January 2014

Melbourne - A walk in the garden with Laura

Hello everyone,
On Sunday morning after skyping with Markus, I decided to help my new room mate Laura to purchase a mobile phone with an Australian number as her English is not so good yet. We walked to Bourke Street and after half an hour of deciding and talking to a staff member she purchased a decent phone with a Prepaid SIM card. Then we did a self-guided walk together which is called "Walk in the garden". Laura asked me not to post the picture of her, so unfortunately I cannot show her to you. The tour directed us into Hosier Lane which is full of graffiti.






After that we walked through Flinders Lane towards Fitzroy Garden with lots of beautiful trees and a J. F. Kennedy memorial.


We also went into the conservatory which is absolutely beautiful and I might be tempted to go there again on Wednesday for the FREE guided tour. My mother would love this :-)



This is Cooks' Cottage, apparently the oldest building in Australia but not originated from there. It was brought over from England.


These stones are all individually carved, probably by pupils. They look fanatstic.


This is St. Patrick's cathedrale. As it was Sunday morning we did not go into it as the mass has already started. But we were able to go around it.



Back through Fitzroy Garden and along Flinders Street we got into Birrarung Marr and waited a few minutes until 12:30pm to hear the Federation Bells playing. There are some interesting composition.



At 2pm Laura and I were back at the hostel and cooked lunch together. Laura is now doing the Cosmopolitan walk and the Arcade and Lanes walk whereas I will have another look on the internet for assistant jobs around Melbourne. Later in the evening we want to see Melbourne lit up at night. I am sure that's going to be amazing but it depends on the camera if the pictures will turn out good as well. Anyway, stay tuned for the next post entry.
Yours garden-walking Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!