Sunday 5 January 2014

Ayers Rock - Spear and boomerang


G’Day mates,

After the sunrise viewing of the Uluru and the base walk in the morning we had breakfast in the Town Square of the resort and then got some lessons in how to throw a spear and a boomerang! Markus and I were not too bad at the spear at our first (and only) try (there were too many people to do another try as this daily activity is free of charge). Nobody hit the kangaroo though.







Then we got to the boomerang which was a lot more dangerous and difficult. We both did not really hit it off but there were worse throwers than us. Again, only one try per person and the half hour FREE activity was over. But the next one was waiting: playing a didgeridoo! According to Aborigine law only males are allowed to play it, so I could not part-take in this one.




After that we got lunch at the Gecko Café and I went for the Outback pizza because there was Kangaroo meat (okay, I already tried that before) and Emu meat on it. WOW! And it tasted really good and stuffed me.



After that we headed back to our room and had a nap before our next evening tour: the Outback Sky Journey!
Yours spear-and-boomerang-throwing Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!