Friday 24 January 2014

Melbourne - Job interviews and penguins

Servus everyone,

It’s Friday already! Where did the time go? One week ago I started to look for a job on the internet. I have sent my CV/resume to different Facility Management companies and applied for various assistant jobs throughout Melbourne. And this week I already had two interviews!
The first one was on Thursday morning in North Melbourne, actually in the street where Carly lives, so I knew exactly where to go and found the small building very easily. I spoke to the two Managing Directors who were very keen to listen to what I have done in the past. After 40 minutes of talking they would have liked to take me on immediately but due to my visa I can only work six months for them and that is too short. They will think about it if they have some project work for me.
The second interview I had took place this morning in the CBD. It took a while to find the right building but then I spoke 30 minutes to the CEO and the Administration Officer of this Association. They were quite interested as well but they are not sure what kind of project I could help them with. They will not have a full time job for me but maybe part-time.
Anyway, I have the impression that both interviews went very well and I described the different tasks I have performed over the last years and everyone seemed to want to get to know more about it. Especially because of my master degree they contacted me so quickly.
Apart from the exciting interviews I changed to a hostel in St. Kilda and went to the beach yesterday evening. It was such a nice sunny and warm day (30 degrees Celsius) and Beach Volleyball games were taking place. At 9pm I headed to the St. Kilda pier and this time I was more lucky than the last time I came here (see here: Melbourne - St. Kilda) because I saw three penguins! And it was not nearly as crowded as on the weekend.






As you should not use flashlight to take pictures it was difficult to take a good one but maybe you can make out the penguins.






Today it is cloudy, rainy and only 19 degrees Celsius. What a big difference to yesterday! I do not feel like going outside but I might have to get some food. Maybe it gets better in the afternoon.
Yours interview-holding-and-penguin-watching Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!