Thursday 21 August 2014

Perth - Why I am back

Dear Perth lovers,
Why did I decide to go back to my host family in Perth to work there for a few more months instead of just finishing my travels? Do you have any idea of how expensive Australia is???
My West Coast Tour has cost more than I expected but I would like to do some more traveling and therefore need to earn more money. My host family is supadupa nice, I got used to the children and why look (again) for another job if I already have a good one?




In addition, I have explored Perth - by all means - to an extent that I can say that I have seen everything that I want to see. In return, I can now completely concentrate on finding more jobs to fill in my spare time. In the last four weeks I was fairly successful in finding some ongoing jobs during the week and some one-off jobs. Mainly babysitting but also other little jobs. I am gaining LOTS of experience with children, especially under the age of 6. And I am enjoying it!!! It is tiring at times but very rewarding as well. Every little smile and laugh and every new word they learn is amazing.
To all my friends out there who have small children or are about to get one: I wish you all the energy in the world to get you through the toddler years but I am sure you will have a great time as well!



After all the adventures and experiences in Australia you might think there is not a lot left to see and do. You'd be very wrong as I have some last very exciting trips in mind! Just be a little bit patient as I need to save up to do them and I promise you some awesome pictures. In the meantime I will still do some small events in and around Perth. And of course drink more Australian beer :-)



My next stop: meeting Twiggy from my Southwest Tour!
Your working-to-see-more-of-Australia Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!