Tuesday 7 October 2014

Manning - The baby is here!!!

Dear baby lovers,
In the afternoon of Saturday, the 20th of September the fourth baby of my hostfamily finally arrived (9 days after the due date...). My hostparents didn't want to know the gender of their kids before the birth, so here SHE is:



Éléonore, fit and healthy, a French born in Perth.
This pictures has been taken by my hostmother Cécile on the day of the birth. While Cécile had to stay in the hospital four more days to recover from the labour, I was seriously busy taking care of the three other kids nearly fulltime which I have never done in the last 5 months of my au pair job. But I was proud to help, as nobody of my hostparents family was able to come over.
Nearly two weeks after the birth I enjoy having a baby in the house despite the crying because Éléonore is a really good baby. Sleeping a lot and only crying when she wants something to drink. The problem is Louise, the third child. First of all, by accident she drank too much Panadol (a medicine brand) on the day after the birth and is very sick since then, including vomiting almost everything she eats. And secondly, Louise is fairly jealous of all the attention that Éléonore receives which is very tiring. The first two kids are really good with the baby and very proud as well. It's interesting, alarming, shocking and nervbreaking all at once to be around the family. Not only with all the adjustments to the daily routines because of the feeds of the baby and the sick children (everyone's nose is running and Adéle has an ear infection as well) and how they behave. It makes me wonder if I would be able to handle this and how my parents did it. Would I want four children? NO WAY!!!
I am doing lots of extra hours to help manage this little kindergarden. And I am still doing my other regular jobs... I am seriously tired every evening. But I still manage to get some stuff organised.
My next stop: Fremantle for a meetup with James!
Yours family-helper Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!