Tuesday 7 October 2014

Fremantle - With James at Little Creatures

Dear meeting up with friends lovers,
This is my fifth month in Perth and finally James (who I got to know on my Tasmania tour back in February) and I managed to meetup. I totally forgot that he lives here and thanks to Facebook he replied to one of my pictures of the Pinnacles that we should meet up. Due to his holidays in Europe and my West Coast tour and then the birth of the fourth baby of my hostfamily it took us quite a while.
But we managed to find a convenient time for lunch and we decided to go to the Little Creatures brewery in Fremantle.








We had a really lovely conversation about all sorts of stuff, like family, jobs, travelling, racing, food and of course beer :-) The two hours went by so quickly and I had to get back to my hostfamily for the afternoon supervision of the kids. James is such a great and open-minded guy, I am glad I met him again after Tasmania and Adelaide. Maybe I will see him again. I really hope so!
And what surprised me even more was how refreshed I felt after this "timeout" from the childcare duties. I have caught a glimpse of how important it is for parents to get away for a while from their children to speak about something totally different and feel like an individual again and not only a parent. I know this might sound confusing but I can understand why parents need not only a break but a getaway from their children, even if it just means going to a restaurant.
My next stop: the Perth Royal Show!
Yours friends-in-Australia-meeting Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say now! Would you do the same thing or would you do it differently? Do you have any travel tipps for me for my onwards travels? let me know!